Thursday, March 15, 2007

Break Over

Hi all, sorry for the infrequent postings of late, aside from being depressed about my complete inability to correctly tip any of the games this year (yes, my girlfriend is beating me again this year) I have also been moving and having to wait while interent is set up at my new place and so on.

The good news is that I have foxtel and am loving it. Watching all the games live is the best thing ever, and having such a massive screen to watch them on fantastic. I am well set up and watched 6 hours of rugby straight last weekend, and felt fortunate to have recorded it all so I could watch it all again after the live stuff stopped. Technology is a wonderful thing...

This weekend should be a more settled round I feel. The Chiefs are an enigma. Most punters have tipped them this weekend at home, however they will be a difficult team all season this year. The Tahs may be due for a win, but here in Sydney it is all doom and gloom as the punters write off not only the Tahs, but also any chance the Wallabies may have to securing the World Cup later on this year.

The Blues have been going well, however they only lead the table because they have played one extra game over the sharks. Both these teams should win this week to add to their impressive starts to the season. Mark my words, the Africans will be back come world cup time and the impressive display the sharks put on last week against young pretenders (or old hands looking at the front row at least) the Cheetahs. That was a strong performance by the African tight five that rolled out for the Sharks.

Before I go I must make mention of the strong performance put in by Doug Howlett last week who copped a low blow from the opposing fullback in the game against the Lions, and that was followed up by what could have been an attempted head butt from the same player, and then a punch from the African half back. Normally wingers will throw the handbags, and then that's it. However Douggie went hard and knocked the stuffing out of the opposing fullback with some very strong and superbly timed tackles that really left him rattled. Great to see some hard play coming back into the game. All we need now are for some of the bigger men to start doing it and we'll have some games on our hands!

Good luck to you all for this round.

No comments: